Do you want to live ecologically?
As a resident of Jyrkkälä, it’s easy! Efficient solar panels, good connections with public transport, possibilities for sorting you waste, and other sustainable choices make sure that environmentally friendly choices are always made together.
Carbon footprint reduction
KOy Jyrkkälänpolku is committed to developing ecological solutions. We aim to keep the carbon footprint of housing as low as possible, for example by reducing the amount of purchased energy.
To reach our goals, we have made concrete actions such as:
- Installed efficient solar panels on the outer walls.
- Renovated, durable and serviceable facades and windows.
- Weatherproof and self-cleaning Corten steel used in the outer walls.
- Heat recovery in ventilation.
- LED lights and motion detectors in lighting.
- The lights are turned on only on the floor where motion is detected, instead of the whole staircase.
- In new acquisitions we always focus on quality and durability.
The energy produced by our solar panels: approx. 27.2 MW per year
With this amount of energy, one 13-watt LED lamp could stay illuminated for about 238 years.
Tips for ecological living
- Keep the room temperature moderate, around 21-22 degrees.
- Turn off lights and electrical equipment when not in use.
- When airing out the apartment, do it quickly – don’t let the heat escape.
- Be mindful of your water usage.
- Always sort and recycle your waste.
- In the summer, close the blinds during the day to keep the apartment cool.