Checklist for moving out
Are you leaving Jyrkkälä? Read the checklist below to make moving out easier. Thank you for the time you have enjoyed in Jyrkkälä – we wish you all the best!
Termination of rental contract
- You can terminate your rental contract by filling out the termination form and submitting it to our office.
- Try to plan your move well in advance of returning the keys. You should also consider the opening hours of the waste treatment centers and your own resources when moving.
- When moving out of the apartment, the resident must return all the keys they have checked out to the office.
- If any key is lost, the resident is obliged to pay for the lock serialization.
- Keys can be returned to the office during its opening hours, or in the evening / on weekends in a sealed envelope in the office mailbox.
Home appliances and equipment
- Instructions for the use and maintenance of household appliances and equipment must be left on the kitchen table.
- The kitchen stove and cooker hood grease filter must be cleaned.
- The refrigerator and freezer must be defrosted and switched off. Leave the refrigerator and freezer doors open to prevent odors.
- Dishwashers and washing machines must be properly removed. The inlet water connections of the machines must be sealed and plugged with a suitable brass plug. The resident is responsible for water damage caused by improperly disconnected equipment. Please note that even if water doesn’t come out immediately after disconnection, the connection may still start to leak. Insurances often don’t cover this kind of damage. Property maintenance removes the machines on request free of charge.
- Functioning fire alarms may be left in the apartment if you don’t want to take them with you.
- If you are unsure of what equipment to leave or remove, contact KOy Jyrkkälänpolku’s office.
- During the move, be careful not to make a mess in the stairways. Don’t damage or smudge the walls when moving your belongings.
- Don’t use the lift to transport items that may damage the lift. The weight limit of the lift must be taken into account.
- If the lift is damaged during the move, the resident will be charged for the repair.
- Keeping the lift doors open for too long may cause the lift to malfunction temporarily.
- We advise you to set aside at least one day for cleaning the apartment. A well-planned move will save you money, since the apartment has been cleaned and emptied properly.
- The resident must clean the apartment and empty the storage facilities of all their belongings and rubbish.
- If the apartment has not been cleaned or any belongings have been left in the apartment or storage space, the cleaning and emptying will be charged separately.
- Furniture etc. must not be left at the housing company’s waste points. Large waste must be disposed of in a landfill. The waste points are only meant for everyday household waste.
- If you have attached mirrors or shelves to the walls, they must be removed. You don’t need to patch normal attachment marks on the walls. The property maintenance will fix the walls free of charge.
Final inspection and security deposit
- The final inspection of the apartment is done when the apartment is completely empty and cleaned.
- An inspection report is drawn up on the condition of the apartment.
- Any damaged home appliances or equipment will be charged from the resident.
- The landlord has the right to set off the lease receivables against the security deposit.
- If no security deposit has been set, the landlord is entitled to collect any receivables with an invoice.
- The security deposit can be refunded once the apartment has been inspected and the inspection report signed.
More things to consider
- Remember to file a change of address notice and transfer your home insurance to a new address.
- Telephone and internet connections must be transferred well in advance.
- Termination of the electricity contract is the resident’s own responsibility.
- Termination of direct debit of rent and e-invoice agreements must be handled with your bank.
In all matters concerning the condition of your apartment, please contact our office:
Jyrkkälänkatu 2, 20210 Turku
Opening hours: Mon – Tue and Fri 12–15, Wed – Thu 12–16
Tel. 02 278 8880